Friday, July 31, 2009

Cited for 22350 V.C. in CA (Basic Speed Law) -- was clocked with LIDAR at 60 mph in a 40 mph zone on Feb. 3rd?

I was recently pulled over and cited with a 22350 V.C.('unsafe speed' is what the office wrote). This Violation Code is in reference to the 'Basic Speed Law' in California. The weather was partially sunny (no rain, no fog, no haze, no wind), the street is not defined as a 'local road', there were no cars within 200yds of my vehicle, the roadway is six lanes (3 lanes going North, and 3 going South, separated by a raised center divider). Can I beat this citation? Do I have enough proof that my speed was safe?





One note, when the officer was fishing for my incrimination, I did say, "I was driving way too fast" without saying exactly how fast I thought I was traveling. However, I said this in reference to the posted speed limit, and not the Basic Speed Law (as I had no idea it existed until later that evening).





Did I incriminate myself in this case by saying, "I was driving way too fast", even though that is in reference to the posted speed limit? Can I still beat this citation?

Cited for 22350 V.C. in CA (Basic Speed Law) -- was clocked with LIDAR at 60 mph in a 40 mph zone on Feb. 3rd?
I found myself in a similar situation no too long ago. I started looking into how to go about defusing the issue. I found this forum which upon first reading seemed to be quite promising. The link is as follows:





http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthre...





I believe this is a rather good method to use regardless of your situation. Good Luck. -Carb30


No comments:

Post a Comment